Larissa here! Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE pizza or anything which resembles it! It’s best when shared, with family and friends. We love coming up with creative toppings and trying out new things! Our friend Regina came up with this recipe and we cant wait to hear what you guys think of it! Pairing goat cheese and honey is just the best, especially Bee Seasonal Silvestre! =D
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp active dry yeast
Good pinch of salt
3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp of thyme leaves, chopped
2 vine tomatoes
2 small garlic cloves
1 nectarine or any kind of peach
2-3 tbsp chavrie goat cheese
6-8 cherry tomatoes
Spinach leaves for topping
2 tbsp capers
2 tsp Brazilian Iguaçu River Wildflower - Silvestre honey for topping
1. Preheat the oven at 500F. Place the pizza stone in the oven.
2. In a small bowl mix dry yeast with water and 1 tsp of honey. Stir well and leave for 5 minutes until it’s foamy on top.
3. In a stand mixer add flour, salt, chopped thyme and olive oil. Stir in the yeast water and knead the dough for 8-12 minutes. You might need to add more flour, 1 tbsp at a time.
4. As soon as the dough is soft and silky, cover it with clean kitchen towel and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Peel the tomatoes from the skin. It is very easy to make it pouring hot boiling water on them, leave it for about 30 seconds and then put them into the cold water. Using the blender pure tomatoes with 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper. Remove the pure into the pan and cook it on a low medium heat for 8-12 minutes. Season more if needed. Cool down.
6. Cut the nectarines or peaches and set aside.
7. Roll the dough out into a large circle or shape you like, carefully transfer the dough into to the parchment paper. Spread the tomato sauce, top with nectarines, cherry tomatoes, capers and chavrie goat cheese. Drizzle with some honey and bake pizza for 5-7 minutes on a prepared hot pizza stone.
8. Top with spinach leaves when pizza is ready.