Main Floral Source: Angico-Vermelho (Parapiptadenia rigida)
- Taste: Gummy bears, tropical fruits, pineapple, mango
- Aroma: Fruity, tropical blossom, slightly floral
- Color: Light-colored, golden (Varies with the harvest)
- Texture: Silky, with a thin consistency
- Finish: Medium finish with a lingering tropical aftertaste
- Harvest season: October, November, and December
This tropical honey is the perfect sweetener for yogurt and smoothies. We love how the fruity character of Angico pairs with Açaí and Fruit Bowls. On the cheese side, Angico is excellent for soft cream cheeses such as Camembert and Brie.
Harvested from subregions of the Atlantic Forest, our Angico Honey comes from the south region of Brazil, more specifically the center of Paraná State. This region is characterized by a temperate climate with no dry season, warm summers, and frequent frosts in winter. Atlantic moist forests, prairies, and transitional vegetation cover the countless hills and grow along the many rivers that run through this region. Abrupt elevation variation creates many waterfalls. This rough terrain is not very suitable for agriculture and therefore one can still find many protected areas. Angico trees can grow up to 70 feet.
This honey is:
- Certified Organic
- No additives or flavoring