Main Floral Source: Aroeira (Myracrodruon urundeuva)
- Color: Dark-colored, brownish-red
- Aroma: Nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper, anis
- Taste: Marshmallow, rosehip marmalade, dried fruits
- Primary Taste: Sweet
- Texture: Smooth, with a medium consistency
- Finish: Medium finish with a vanilla undercurrent
- Harvest season: July, August, and September
Aroeira won BEST NEW HONEY OF THE YEAR 2019 at the sofi™ Awards!
This honey is perfect on vanilla ice cream and strawberries. We also love using it as a sweetener for Chai and Hot Chocolate because of its aroma and marshmallow-like taste. For cheese? We love it for intense, savory cheeses like blues and pecorino.
Our Aroeira honey comes from the Cerrado, a biome that accounts for a full 21 percent of Brazil's land area. The Cerrado's climate is typical of the rather moister savanna regions of the world, with a semi-humid tropical climate. The Cerrado is limited to two dominant seasons throughout the year, wet and dry. Since then, vast amounts of research have proved that the Cerrado is one of the richest of all tropical savanna regions and has high levels of endemism. Characterized by enormous ranges of plant and animal biodiversity, the World Wide Fund for Nature named it the biologically richest savanna in the world, with about 10,000 plant species and 10 endemic bird species.
This honey is:
- Certified Organic
- No additives or flavoring