One of our go to breakfast items is toast with nut butter, banana and honey. We personally think Marmeleiro Honey pairs exceptionally well with the nutty flavor of this kind of toast. For this one we added toasted coconut chips and some sea salt to round up the flavors. You can choose whatever nut butter you prefer, just make sure to use an organic, pure one.
Recipe developed by our lovely friend Regina from My Tasty Stories!
Ingredients for 2 toasts:
- 2 seeded pieces of bread
- One banana
- 4 tbsp organic, unsalted, unsweetened nut butter
- 1 tbsp of toasted coconut chips
- Maldon sea salt flakes to taste
- Brazilian Quince Honey - Marmeleiro
- Toast the bread on the grill until crispy. Spread the nut butter all over the bread slices.
Slice banana into circles and put them on top of the nut butter. Top with toasted coconut, maldon sea salt and drizzle with honey.