Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and there's nothing better than something sweet and delicious. Unfortunately, not many breakfast items are healthy without compromising on the flavor. There is an everyday staple in your pantry; however, that's a lot healthier than you might think: peanut butter!
Peanut butter, as we all know, is made from the emulsification of peanuts and healthy oils. It also serves as a rich source of fiber and is abundant in Vitamin E. It can also help with weight loss and managing your cholesterol.
Likewise, honey also offers many health benefits and is extremely rich in antioxidants and bioactive plant compounds. Some of the benefits include healthy weight loss, lower risk of diabetes, improved heart health, and regulated blood pressure. So why not put them together?
Check out this Peanut Butter Banana Honey Toast recipe that's simple to make and tastes great too! We think that our Marmeleiro Honey will pair exceptionally well with this kind of toast's nutty flavor. We also added toasted coconut chips and some sea salt to round up the flavors. You can choose whatever nut butter you prefer; just make sure to use an organic, pure one.
Recipe developed by our lovely friend Regina from My Tasty Stories!
Ingredients for 2 toasts:
- 2 seeded pieces of bread
- One banana
- 4 tbsp organic, unsalted, unsweetened nut butter
- 1 tbsp of toasted coconut chips
- Maldon sea salt flakes to taste
- Brazilian Quince Honey - Marmeleiro
- Toast the bread on the grill until crispy. Spread the nut butter all over the bread slices.
- Slice banana into circles and put them on top of the nut butter. Top with toasted coconut, Maldon sea salt and drizzle with honey. It's that easy!