Banana bread... this is something that does not last in our house. After we bake it, as soon as it cools down, it is gone! Regina came up with this recipe using our Silvestre Honey. And we are excited for you to try it!
You guys know we are avid home bakers. We have created many different Banana Bread recipes, but this one is special. The addition of yogurt gives it a subtle tang and super moist texture, and the sweetness from the bananas and the honey balance the yogurt very well.
Here are the ingredients for 1 loaf bread.
- 2 ripe bananas, one banana mashed
- 2 ¼ cups of organic flour
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp organic cinnamon
- 2 large pasture raised eggs
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5.5 oz of your favorite organic greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 ½ tbsp Brazilian Iguaçu River Wildflower - Silvestre (Buy it on Amazon)
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Line up the loaf pan with parchment paper, grease with some butter and flour. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat the butter with sugar until pale on a high speed, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, continue beating the batter.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Stir in the batter mixture vanilla extract, greek yogurt and honey, decrease the speed onto a medium. Add the flour and whisk until just combined.
- Stir in mashed banana and stir with a rubber spatula. Transfer the batter into a prepared loaf pan. Cut the second banana in half lengthwise and put it on top of the batter.
- Bake banana bread for 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick is dry.