Rice Pudding is something very comforting in the winter months. It's extra delicious when made with coconut milk and drizzled with honey. We love topping it with some fruit. Regina created this recipe for us, and used Silvestre honey! You can make this recipe using any type of rice, but traditionally I'm familiar with short grain. In Germany its called "Milch-Reis" which actually translates to milk-rice... the rice specifically used for rice pudding.
Cooking time: 1 hour
¾ cup of medium grain rice, can be used short rice as well
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1-1 ¾ cup of water
- 5 tbsp of Brazilian Iguaçu River Wildflower - Silvestre (Buy it on Amazon)
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Mango, diced, mandarin slices, freeze-dried raspberries, cinnamon + some more honey for topping, optional
- Place the rice, coconut milk, 1 cup of water to start, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract in to a heavy bottomed saucepan on a medium heat. Keep the rest of the water warm in a pot, next to the rice.
- Cook the rice, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, until it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat on low and cook for 40-50 minutes, stirring frequently until the texture is creamy and the rice is cooked through. Add in the ¼ cup water at a time, if needed. Serve the warm rice pudding with diced mango, mandarin slices, cinnamon, freeze-dried raspberries and a little more honey. Or use any kind of toppings you prefer more.