Gluhwein! There are only a few things better than a cup of hot Mulled Wine while browsing around a Christmas Market. The smell of spices and orange rind blend so well together that you almost forget it is cold outside!
Recipe developed by Regina!
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 bottle pinot noir red wine
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- Orange peels from two oranges
- ¾ jar Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 2 oz cranberries
- 2 tbsp whole cloves
- 2 sprig of rosemary
- Place all ingredients in a heavy bottom pot, turn the heat on medium and almost bring to a boil mulled wine, stirring occasionally. Remove rosemary from the wine. Turn the heat on low and simmer for 20 minutes. Leave the pot on stove on very low heat and serve the mulled wine.