Happy first week of October! Fall is back, and we have the perfect breakfast recipe to help kickoff your fall festivities!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many people tend to skip it because they can’t find the time to make it – that’s where oatmeal comes in! Oatmeal is excellent for all of those hectic mornings and can be easily made in minutes. It’s great for your heart, has tons of fiber, and will go well with just about anything. Packed with tons of slow-release carbs, you’ll have plenty of energy to stay sharp until lunchtime.
This Golden Honey Oatmeal is made with cashew milk and fresh spices, and pairs wonderfully with our Marmeleiro Honey. Top it off with fresh fruits and nuts, and you’re in for a healthy breakfast ready to get you through the morning.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Brazilian Quince - Marmeleiro (Buy it on Amazon)
- Cut fruits for topping: strawberries, cherries, raspberries, banana (you can choose any you prefer), you can also add any kind of nuts
- In a medium pot, lightly toast the rolled oats before stirring in the cashew milk and water. Cook on low, medium heat, occasionally stirring for about 15-20 minutes.
- As the oatmeal starts to thicken, add all of your spices, chia seeds, and honey as desired. This depends on how sweet you want your oatmeal.
- Once all of the ingredients are mixed together, remove from the stove. While the oatmeal is still hot, top the golden oatmeal with your favorite fruits and nuts. We recommend strawberries, cherries, raspberries, and bananas!