Happy first day of October! We have the perfect breakfast recipe for you to start off your week! This Golden Honey Oatmeal is made with cashew milk and fresh spices, which pair wonderfully with our Marmeleiro Honey. Top it with fresh fruits and you will get all the energy you need to power through the morning.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Brazilian Quince Honey - Marmeleiro (Buy it on Amazon)
- Cut fruits for topping: strawberries, cherries, raspberries, banana (you can choose any you prefer), you can also add any kind of nuts
- In a medium pot slightly toast the rolled oats and then stir in cashew milk and water. Cook the oatmeal on low medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 15-20 minutes.
- When the oatmeal starts to thicken, add all the spices, chia seeds, and honey. Mix it up and try for flavor. You can add more spices or more honey if desired. It all depends on how sweet you want your oatmeal.
- Cook for another couple minutes and turn it off.
- Top the golden oatmeal with favorite fruits and nuts.