This is the perfect appetizer for your next party! Classy, beautiful, and super delicious. We love offering guests something small before dinner just to get their mouths watering. It is important that the appetizer is also light. You don't want anything heavy before the main course.
We chose heirloom tomatoes for these Bruschettas because they are awesome. They are just so much more flavorful! Slightly sweet and acidic, their balanced characteristics match the fresh herbs and Bee Seasonal honey.
This is very easy to make, and also very quick!
Serves: 10 bruschettas
- 10 slices of ciabatta baguette
- About 22-24 cherry tomatoes, different colors
- 6-8 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 stems of fresh oregano, leaves picked
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 stems of thyme
- parmesan cheese, about 1 tbsp
- Olive oil
- A drizzle of Brazilian Quince - Marmeleiro (Buy it on Amazon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Take the half of cherry tomatoes and mix them with olive oil, thyme, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for about 10-15 minutes, until the juices come out and they are soft and tender. The other half tomatoes cut in halves. Mix them with olive oil, a drizzle of honey, salt, and pepper.
- Grease the bread with olive oil and one clove of garlic from both sides. Toast the bread on the grill from both sides until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Put the toasted bread into the prepared dish or cutting board. Make two different bruschettas. One will contain roasted cherry tomatoes (use all the juices you’ll have from them, it’s the best part!) with oregano leaves and a drizzle of honey, and other ones will be with cut tomatoes, basil, and parmesan cheese.
- Serve these simple bruschettas with red wine.
***NOTE*** make a double portion of them because they are absolutely delicious and one portion just won't be enough! :)