How many times have you thought to yourself: how I wish I had a yummy snack right now? Well, here is a recipe for you. Easy, healthy and tasty. Our friend, Regina, came up with this amazing idea for homemade granola bars with our Aroeira - Brazilian Pink Pepper Honey! Take them to school, work and your favorite hike!
Portions: 8 granola bars
- 4 oz. cashews
- 3 oz. pecans
- 4 oz. macadamia
- 0.75 oz. coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- About 2 oz of freeze-dried fruits (strawberries, blueberries, etc)
- 5-6 tbsp Brazilian Pink Pepper Honey - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
1. Preheat the oven at 350F, layer sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine nuts, oats, coconut flour, sesame seeds, and cinnamon. Layer the mixture onto the prepared sheet pan and bake it for about 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool it down for 15 minutes.
Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and using the kitchen mallet crush the nut mixture until small sized. Return to the large mixing bowl.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Layer up the square pan with parchment paper leaving the edges outside, so it will be easier to remove granola.
5. Transfer granola mixture into the prepared square pan and compress it really hard using your hands or jar. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. Remove granola from the pan and cut it into 8 granola bars.