When I first saw this recipe from our friend Regina I thought to myself wow this looks so fancy! Regina used to be a Chef for 4 years, sometimes she makes her food look as if you were dining in a 4-star restaurant! ;-) Scallops are one of those foods which I prefer to savor, eat in small portions... they are very delicate and extremely rich. This combination of flavors pairs so nicely, the acidity of the tomatoes and saltiness of the capers with the sweetness of the honey! Absolutely delicious!!
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 10 scallops
- 2 medium parsnips
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 12-14 cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber slices, about 4
- Microgreens for topping
- 1 tbsp of capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 good tbsp of Brazilian Acacia - Angico honey (But in on Amazon)
1. Place the cherry tomatoes into the pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Grill them for about 4-5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel and cut the parsnip and cook and salted boiled water for about 10-15 minutes or until it’s soft and tender. Place the parsnip into the bender. Heat the milk with butter slightly and add it to the parsnip. Season with salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
3. Cover the scallops with honey and olive oil. Cook them on a medium high heat pan for about 2-3 minutes total. On the last minute season with salt and pepper.
4. Slice the cucumber lengthwise using the mandolin or potato peeler. You gonna need just 4-6 slices.
5. Place the parsnip puree on the plate first, then put the scallops on top of it. Add cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, capers, and microgreens.