Lavender Honey Latte
A lavender honey latte sounds like it might be the most relaxing drink on the planet – and you’d be right! It starts with that mellow fragrance of lavender, the silkiness of milk, and the sweetness of honey to top it all off. The nutty flavor of coffee is perfectly complemented by the floral, astringent, and earthy lavender nodes. The honey also helps to caramelize the lavender and render a very luxurious flavor combination. This is definitely a drink to kick back and relax.
The recipe is as simple it gets. All you need to have is your favorite coffee ready to brew, and your preferred milk of choice. You’ll also need to prepare some lavender honey syrup with the recipe we’ve provided below. If you have all of these ingredients ready, you’re all set to make one of the most soothing drinks you’ve ever had.
Ingredients for the honey lavender syrup:
- ¾ cup of water
- ½ cup of Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira Honey (Buy it on Amazon)
- 1 tbsp of dried lavender
For the latte:
- 2 shots of espresso
- Honey lavender syrup
- ½ cup of plant milk
- Cinnamon and extra lavender for topping
1. Place the water, honey, and lavender into the medium pot and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce the temperature to a low medium and simmer the syrup for another 7 minutes. Afterward, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
2. Brew your two shots of espresso and make foam with the milk.
3. Add the desired amount of syrup into each cup and add espresso and milk on top. Mix thoroughly.
4. Garnish with cinnamon and any additional lavender.
With these simple steps, your lavender honey latte is ready for you to enjoy yourself or with a group of your loved ones!
Remember: always use sustainably sourced honey!
Leave a comment