Thomas and I both love Japanese food! Its one of our favorite cuisines. Our good friend Emily lived in Japan for many years and is always introducing us to new "basic" style foods. She took us to a rice ball restaurant which was really tasty. Sometimes the simple foods are the yummiest! Regina developed this recipe for us using our Silvestre honey
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup of jasmine rice, uncooked
- Fresh rainbow chard leaves, about 4
- Two fresh corn
For miso honey glaze:
- 2 tbsp of miso
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of Brazilian Iguaçu River Wildflower - Silvestre (Buy it on Amazon)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce or to taste
- A squeeze of lime juice to taste
- Cook the rice on the stove or rice cook according to the package instructions. When cooked, cool it down.
- Combine the ingredients for miso glaze and set aside.
- On a grill cook the corn with salt and pepper until nicely grilled color. Cut the chard leaves.
- When the rice has cooled, make balls of the desired size. It works better when you keep your hands wet so that the rice won’t stick.
- On medium-high heat, add some sesame oil, spread it over the pan, and place rice balls. Cook them for 2-3 minutes, until slightly crispy outside, flip it over and brush with miso Silvestre Honey glaze and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve rice balls with grilled corn and fresh rainbow chard.