Taco Tuesday anyone?!
“Refreshing Mahi-Mahi Honey Tacos!“🤙🌱🥑🧀🍯🌮
Our friend Regina came up with this summery taco recipe incorporating Bee Seasonal honey. Doesn’t that grilled Cotija cheese on top look delicious?!
Makes: 6 tacos
0.75 lbs mahi-mahi
6 white tortillas
1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 tbsp red onion, small diced
5-6 leaves of cilantro, chopped
1 large hass avocado
6 thin slices of cotija cheese
Watercress for topping
Lime juice + cut lime for serving
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for cooking
1. Prepare the cabbage slaw and grapefruit first. In a small bowl mix sliced cabbage with cilantro, add some lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Cut the grapefruit into the segments and mix it with diced red onion, cilantro, 1 tsp of honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Make the avocado crema. Puree the avocado using the blender with adding small amount of water (about 3-5 tbsp), add the water 1 tbsp at a time. Add some lime juice. Stir in small amount of olive oil, to get the creamy texture. Season it and refrigerate before serving.
4. Cut the fish into nice medium cubes, mix with remaining honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook it on a medium high heat for about 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Toast tortillas in a pan or grill. In a same pan add a little bit of olive oil and fry the cotija cheese until nice golden brown color.
6. Spread the avocado crema on the tortilla, put the fish, cabbage slaw, grapefruit salsa, put the cheese on top and finish with watercress leaves.