Mahi-Mahi Honey Tacos
Taco Tuesday anyone?!
“Refreshing Mahi-Mahi Honey Tacos!“🤙🌱🥑🧀🍯🌮
Our friend Regina came up with this summery taco recipe incorporating Bee Seasonal honey. Doesn’t that grilled Cotija cheese on top look delicious?!
Makes: 6 tacos
- 0.75 lbs mahi-mahi
- 6 white tortillas
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red onion, small diced
- 5-6 leaves of cilantro, chopped
- 1 large Hass avocado
- 2 tsp Brazilian Iguaçu River Wildflower - Silvestre (Buy it on Amazon)
- 6 thin slices of cotija cheese
- Watercress for topping
- Lime juice + cut lime for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
1. Prepare the cabbage slaw and grapefruit first. In a small bowl mix sliced cabbage with cilantro, add some lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Cut the grapefruit into the segments and mix it with diced red onion, cilantro, 1 tsp of honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Make the avocado crema. Puree the avocado using the blender by adding a small amount of water (about 3-5 tbsp), add the water 1 tbsp at a time. Add some lime juice. Stir in a small amount of olive oil, to get the creamy texture. Season it and refrigerate before serving.
4. Cut the fish into nice medium cubes, mix with remaining honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook it on medium high heat for about 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Toast tortillas in a pan or grill. In the same pan add a little bit of olive oil and fry the cotija cheese until nicely golden brown color.
6. Spread the avocado crema on the tortilla, put the fish, cabbage slaw, grapefruit salsa, put the cheese on top and finish with watercress leaves.
Leave a comment