This is our spin on the traditional Tiramisu! We absolutely love matcha, especially when paired with honey. When we visited my family in Munich this past summer one of my best friends had us over for dinner one night and made us Tiramisu in little glass jars, I remember thinking how cute of an idea it was. A few weeks ago I went to Regina and asked what she thought of a HONEY Tiramisu, and she replied back with how about one with MATCHA?! I loved the sound of it, so here we are today with our newest Bee Seasonal Recipe, give it a try, and be sure to let us know what you think! =)
Ingredients for ladyfinger cookies:
- ⅔ cup of flour
- 1 tsp of matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup of Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven at 300F, put the parchment paper on two baking sheets. Dust with some flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, matcha, and salt, set aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites with the mixer, adding sugar, one tbsp at a time, on high speed until glossy and stiff peaks.
- Beat the egg yolks with honey until creamy and pale. Stir in flour mixture and vanilla extract.
- Carefully combine with egg whites using the spatula. Place the batter into the pastry bag and pipe 3.5 inches long into the prepared baking pans, leaving the space between them. Slightly dust with powdered sugar and bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until the outside is set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
Matcha honey syrup:
½ cup of water
1 tsp of Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira
½ tsp of matcha powder
Bring to a boil all the ingredients in a small saucepan, reduce the heat and simmer for another 15 minutes. Cooldown the syrup.
8 oz of mascarpone
5 oz of heavy whipping cream
5 oz of powdered sugar or to taste
Beat the mascarpone with heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar, adding one tbsp at a time until soft and creamy.
Assembling the tiramisu is glasses:
Soak the cookies in a prepared syrup and place them in the glasses in one layer. You can break the cookies if it doesn’t fit in a glass. Layer with the mascarpone cream filling. Then repeat with the next layer of cookies. Finish with mascarpone cream and sprinkle some matcha powder on top.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.