Cake · dessert · marmeleiro · sweet ·
Pavlova Cake with Honey Drizzle
Have you ever had Pavlova? It's basically an extremely large, gorgeous meringue. They are extremely popular in Oceania - especially Australia. Drizzling honey on top of a pavlova topped with fresh fruit makes for a delicious combination. Make it for a special occasion and let us know what you think!
Servings: 1 7” pavlova cake
Cooking time: 3 hours
- 4 large egg whites, cold
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz canned coconut cream
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar, if desired
- A drizzle of Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- Fresh raspberries and diced mango for the topping
- Preheat the oven at 250F, prepare the sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Draw a circle on the paper and flip the parchment paper, it will help to create an even pavlova cake.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer beat the egg whites, starting with medium-low speed, for 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Start adding the sugar, in small portions, making sure to beat the meringue for 10 seconds between the next portion of sugar. When all the sugar was added, stir in the vanilla and cornstarch. Beat the egg whites on high until they are stiff.
- Spread the half of meringue in a circle, smooth the top with the spatula, and spread the remaining meringue on top again.
- Bake it for 1.5-2 hours, turn the oven off and let it cool down completely in the oven with the door opened a little bit.
- Whip the coconut cream with powdered sugar, if needed until creamy, and add it to the Pavlova cake. Top with fruits and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
Remember: always use sustainably sourced honey!
It helps communities and the environment.
Leave a comment