Who’s making some tomorrow night for NYE?! Thomas and I have so much fun experimenting with our 10 different honey varietals ~ mixing up endless combinations! This New Years we’re cooking dinner at a friends house, making drinks and playing board games. Looking forward to trying out a few new creations using HARVEST002! For this recipe we are featuring our eucalyptus honey which is absolutely delicious in cocktails!
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 2 oz Homemade Brazilian Eucalyptus Honey Jalapeño Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
- 8 Limes juiced, about 8 oz lime juice (add less if you prefer it less sour)
- 1 1/2 C Silver Tequila
- 1/4 C orange liquore
- 1 1/2 C Pineapple (we like using fresh pressed pineapple juice)
- In a cocktail shaker first add in the Homemade Honey Jalapeño Simple Syrup. Next, pour in the lime juice, tequila, pineapple juice and add ice. Stir. Rim glasses of your choice with lime and dip into salt - smoked paprika mixture (recipe below). Strain the cocktail into glasses, if you want to serve without the ice. Garnish with a slice of fresh pineapple if desired!
For the RiM: (4 servings)
- 3 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Mix the salt and paprika on a small plate. When ready to use, rim a glass with a lime wedge and invert the glass into the salt mixture.
Homemade Honey Jalapeño Simple Syrup:
- Bring (1/4 C) of water to a boil, add in (1/4 C) of Brazilian Eucalyptus Honey (Buy it on Amazon) Simmer until mixed. Pour into a container and refrigerate until ready to use. To make a jalapeño simple (extra spicy), drop in 2-3 jalapeño slices as the simple simmers. Add more jalapeños (depending how spicy you like it) Once mixed, steep for 10 minutes. Strain and refrigerate until ready to use.
Recipe adapted from Vanilla and Bean