This bowl of oats will warm you up from the inside! It will give you all the cozy feelings. Its perfect as a breakfast or just about anytime of the day! The caramelized apples with cinnamon and honey on top make it an extra special treat. I just LOVE this time of year, when apples taste extra juicy! Regina went with our Angico honey for the recipe because of its delicate and fruity flavor. =)
- 1 cup of organic oats
- 2 cups of organic soy milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ¼ tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 ½ tbsp of Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- Small pinch of powdered ginger
For caramelized apples:
- 1 large organic apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp of Brazilian Acacia - Angico
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- In a medium pot place oats and stir in the soy milk and water, start cooking it on a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to low and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add in the pumpkin spice, honey and ginger.
- At the same time start caramelizing the apples along with cinnamon and honey on a medium heat. Cook the apples for 10-12 minutes until softened and sticky.
- When the oatmeal is ready, serve with caramelized aplpes and some walnuts (optional).