Merry Christmas, friends! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday with lots of delicious food! =) Raw Honey Cheesecake has always been a favorite tasty treat for us. It's one of the absolute BEST types of foods which allows the honey to truly express itself! We used our Marmeleiro honey for this one and it really shines! Making raw/vegan honey cheesecakes reminds me of our time in Berlin. My first apartment was located in a neighborhood that had a cafe that offered seasonal raw/vegan cheesecakes on rotation throughout the year. During this time, I really got inspired to try making them at home. This recipe right here was developed by our friend Regina. We wanted to create a layered cake with Christmas colors: red, green and white! This is the perfect indulgence to add to your holiday dessert table! Try it this week and let us know what you think! :-)
Servings: 6” cheesecake
Cooking time: 1 hour + 6-8 hours in a freezer
- 2 cups of raw cashews, soaked for 6-8 hours
- ½ cup of raw organic* almonds
- One jar of Brazilian Quince - Marmeleiro (Buy it on Amazon)
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of matcha powder
- ½-1 tbsp of beet powder
- Pomegranate seeds for topping, about half of large pomegranate
- Line a 6-inch cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place almonds, 3 tbsp of honey and coconut oil in the food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture. Spread the crust in the pan and press it to evenly arrange.
- Drain the cashews and place them in the food processor along with the rest of the honey, sugar and coconut milk. Process until you’ll get a creamy texture.
- Divide the cashew mixture into three parts. Stir in one-part green matcha powder and beet powder into another.
- Put the first layer of white cashew mixture and freeze it for 15-20 minutes. Place the second, green layer and freeze it again. Finish with the red layer and freeze it for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Pull out from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Decorate with pomegranate seeds.