Sushi has plenty of health benefits and can also be really low in calories. Most recipes are extremely rich in protein and low in carbs and fat. The problem is that it can be pretty expensive to order out.
So why not make it yourself? This recipe is super easy to make and only requires a handful of ingredients. We suggest using our Aroeira Brazilian Pink Pepper honey for the best results!
Serving: 4 sushi roll portions
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 1 ½ cup of sushi rice
- About ¼ cup of seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 oz of ahi tuna, thinly sliced
- 1 oz of raw salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small avocado
- 4 tbsp of cream cheese
- 2 sheets of nori
For the honey wasabi soy sauce:
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of wasabi powder
- 2 tsp of Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
Optional: sesame seeds, ginger
1. Cook the rice with a 1:1 water ratio on low heat. Make sure that the rice is not overcooked, and season with vinegar afterwards as desired.
2. To make a roll, cut the nori into half and spread the rice evenly without smashing. Flip the nori and place the avocado, cream cheese, and cucumber. Place the salmon on the top by making it into a roll. Cut into pieces to your preferred size.
3. For the sauce, simply add all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Use as desired.