Tapioca pudding is one of the best desserts for incorporating honey. Depending on your choice of milk, it can be vegan friendly too!
Not only is this recipe sweet, but it can also be good for you. Tapioca pudding is low in cholesterol and rich with iron and calcium, while honey has many antioxidants, and it is rich in vitamins and minerals. We especially recommend using our Marmeleiro honey for this recipe.
Cooking time: 1 hour + 1-2 hours for chilling
- ⅓ cup of tapioca pearls
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- ⅓ cup of Brazilian Quince - Marmeleiro (Buy it on Amazon)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Sliced mango, kiwi & blueberries for topping
- A sprinkle of Organic Brazilian Iguaçu River Valley - Pollen (Buy it on Amazon)
- Using the package instructions soak the tapioca pearls in water first for about 30 minutes.
- Once the pears have softened, add coconut milk, organic honey, vanilla extract, and salt to the tapioca mixture, and heat over medium heat until it reaches a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes until tapioca pearls are has thickened. Be sure to stir frequently so that the tapioca doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Pour tapioca pudding into jars or cups and place in the refrigerator until completely chilled, 1-2 hours. The pudding will thicken after refrigeration.
- Serve with sliced mango, blueberries, kiwi (or any desired fruits), and bee pollen.