I love tapioca pudding! It's one of the best desserts for incorporating honey. You can use your plant milk of choice, we tend to opt for coconut milk most times. It's super creamy (especially if you use one from the can). If you want it extra creamy you can even add a 1-1 ratio of coconut cream. Vanilla and fresh fruit are great additions, we personally love the combination of coconut and mango. Try our Quince Blossom honey Marmeleiro and sprinkle with our bee pollen.
Created by: Regina
Cooking time: 1 hour + 1-2 hours for chilling
- ⅓ cup of tapioca pearls
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- ⅓ cup of Brazilian Quince - Marmeleiro (Buy it on Amazon)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Sliced mango, kiwi & blueberries for topping
- A sprinkle of Organic Brazilian Iguaçu River Valley - Pollen (Buy it on Amazon)
- Using the package instructions soak the tapioca pearls in water first for about 30 minutes.
- Once the pearls have softened, add coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract and salt to the tapioca mixture, and heat over medium heat until it reaches a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes until tapioca pearls are has thickened. Be sure to stir frequently so that the tapioca doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Pour tapioca pudding into jars or cups and place in the refrigerator until completely chilled, 1-2 hours. The pudding will thicken after refrigeration.
- Serve with sliced mango, blueberries, kiwi (or any desired fruits) and bee pollen.