These Amaretti Cookies are delicious! This recipe was created by our friend Regina over at My Tasty Stories - she has created many recipe for the Bee Seasonal site in the past and we hope you enjoy this new one! =) Aroeira is the star of the show for this one, it's such a wonderful baking honey, and especially at this time of year its the perfect honey to have on hand in the kitchen.
Cooking time: 1 hour
Servings: 12-15 cookies
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 oz of Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
- 1 ½ cup of almond flour
- ½ of coconut flour
- ½ tbsp of vanilla extract
- Half of lime, juice and zest
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven at 300F and prepare two cookie trays lining with the parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in a stand mixer, start whisking them on low, medium speed, about 1 minute, then increase to high, add the lime juice and beat until hold soft peaks.
- Meanwhile, combine almond flour, matcha powder, Aroeira Honey, vanilla extract and lime zest in a medium bowl.
- When the egg whites are ready, gently stir them in the flour mixture using the rubber spatula, stir the combine.
- In a small bowl, put the powdered sugar. Scoop the cookie dough, make a ball shape, and lightly cover with powdered sugar.
- Put the cookies on the baking sheet and slightly push the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the top is cracked and the bottom is golden brown.
- Cool them down entirely and sprinkle some more powdered sugar if needed.