These Amaretti Cookies are delicious! Aroeira is the star of the show for this one, it's such wonderful baking honey, and especially at this time of year its the perfect honey to have on hand in the kitchen.
Cooking time: 1 hour
Servings: 12-15 cookies
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 oz of Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
- 1 ½ cup of almond flour
- ½ of coconut flour
- ½ tbsp of vanilla extract
- Half of lime, juice, and zest
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven at 300F and prepare two cookie trays lining with the parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in a stand mixer, start whisking them on low, medium speed, about 1 minute, then increase to high, add the lime juice and beat until hold soft peaks.
- Meanwhile, combine almond flour, matcha powder, Aroeira Honey, vanilla extract, and lime zest in a medium bowl.
- When the egg whites are ready, gently stir them in the flour mixture using the rubber spatula, stir the combine.
- In a small bowl, put the powdered sugar. Scoop the cookie dough, make a ball shape, and lightly cover with powdered sugar.
- Put the cookies on the baking sheet and slightly push the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is cracked and the bottom is golden brown.
- Cool them down entirely and sprinkle some more powdered sugar if needed.