Anyhow, this recipe here is for an easy to make, delicious Turkey-Cheddar-Honey-Mustard sandwich. Regina used our Angico Honey to balance the acidity of the vinegar and the white wine. At our house, we are fans of strong mustards, and we prefer to make our own Honey Mustard instead of buying something at the store (we prefer making most things from scratch).
Ingredients for the whole grain honey mustard:
⅛ cup of brown mustard seeds
- ⅛ cup of yellow mustard, powder
- ¼ cup of white wine
- ⅛ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Honey Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl mix both mustards, apple cider vinegar, and white wine. Cover with plastic wrap and leave it for 12 hours and room temperature place. Then stir in honey, salt, and pepper. Keep the mustard in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for 2 sandwiches:
4 slices of wholegrain bread
- 4 slices of turkey
- 6-8 thinly sliced yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 large slices of heirloom tomatoes
- 6 slices of apple
- Whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp of Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- Melted butter for the bread
Brush the bread with melted butter and toast from both sides.
- Mix the honey with mustard and spread on the bottom slice of bread. Put half of the cheese, then a slice of tomato, turkey, apples, and another half of cheese. Put the slice of bread on top. Grill the sandwiches until cheese melts. Serve immediately.