Gingersnaps are traditionally baked using molasses but we find that our Aroeira honey is the perfect addition to this yummy and well known cookie recipe. As you may know, our Pink Pepper Blossom honey pairs wonderfully with spices such as cinnamon and cloves, and due to its rich caramelized taste and aroma it brings an extra dimension to this Holiday recipe. #BeeSeasonalRecipe
Recipe developed by the lovely Regina @ My Tasty Stories
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes: 18 cookies
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ⅛ cup molasses
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 5 tbsp Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Prepare two baking sheets, lined up with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk the melted butter with brown sugar, honey, molasses and egg until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients, except for the raw sugar. Stir dry ingredients into the wet and mix to combine. The dough will be smooth and a little bit sticky.
- Divide the dough into 18 parts, make a balls and cover with raw sugar. Transfer to a baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between them. Don’t flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until some cracks appear in top of the cookies.
- Pull them out from oven and cool down on a baking sheets for 5-7 minutes.