Coconut Honey Macaroons
I've been waiting to post this recipe for some time now and I'm super excited about it! Coconut macaroons are one of my favorite treats, they are simple to make and super delicious. What I especially love about these is the fact that they are only sweetened using organic honey. Our Angico honey, when paired with, coconut is a match made in heaven. If you haven't tried this combination yet, you better hurry up and give it a whirl. ;-)
Servings: 15 macaroons
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 5 oz of sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp of Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- 2 large egg whites
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 oz of melted dark chocolate
- Preheat oven at 325F. Prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer beat the egg whites until stiff peaks.
- While beating the egg whites, in a food processor or blender, process coconut a little bit, until rice grain size, about 20 seconds.
- When the egg whites are ready, stir in the honey, sea salt, and coconut. Mix with the spatula gently.
- Make small balls and place them onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the coconut is golden brown. Cooldown completely.
- Put the melted chocolate into a piping bag drizzle the top of the macaroons.
Remember: always use sustainably sourced honey!
It helps communities and the environment.
Leave a comment