Thanksgiving is around the corner! This recipe can also be adapted for Turkey. It calls for delicious golden veggies: fingerling potatoes, butternut squash, and corn. This marinade is zesty, slightly sweet and herbaceous. Regina chose to go with our Aroeira honey, which works so well when making glazes. If you're feeling adventurous try this recipe for Turkey day otherwise make it for dinner sometime soon!
Servings: 4-6 people
- Whole chicken (5-6lbs)
- Half of the butternut squash, medium diced
- 1 lb of fingerling potatoes, cut in halves
- 2 corns, cut in three parts
- Half of the yellow onion, cut into large pieces
- Whole garlic
- 5-6 leaves of sage
- 5 sprigs of thyme, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- 5-6 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the chicken thoroughly and wipe it up with kitchen paper towels until completely dry.
- Make a simple marinade using thyme, rosemary, olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, paprika, oregano, juice, and zest from the lemon, salt, and pepper. Stir everything until combined. Brush the chicken with the half of marinade and put it into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine all the vegetables, add in the remaining marinade and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Place all the vegetables and chicken into large baking dish and roast from 1 hour to 1.5 hours, until the chicken reaches 165F. For the last 5-7 minutes, turn the oven grill and roast until the skin gets crispy.
When the chicken is cooked, cover with foil and let it rest for 5-7 minutes.