Who else LOVES hot chocolate at this time of year?! It just tastes so much better when it's cold outside and the Christmas spirit is in the air! We enjoy making ours with... you guessed it... Honey! =) There are so many delicious combinations one can come up with, but here's a favorite one of ours, using our Angico honey, created by our friend Regina!
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Half jar Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- a little orange zest for topping
Optional: small marshmallows, cacao powder
- Melt the chocolate over the water over the double boiler until smooth and silky texture.
- In a medium pot combine milk, heavy cream and honey, simmer on low medium heat until the honey has completely dissolved, but do not boil. Stir in the melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Serve in coffee mugs, top with some marshmallows, cacao powder, and orange zest.