aroeira · chicken · pink pepper · savory ·
Chicken and Waffle Honey Panini
This is our take our Chicken & Waffles! HAHA
Everyone LOVES a good sandwich! Have you ever tried turning your waffle into one? Well, we got inspired by the European waffle sandwiches we kept seeing floating around on Pinterest, and while we don't have a miniature waffle iron we thought why not try our luck with our regular waffle machine!
Give this recipe a try with our Aroeira honey and let us know what you think!
Recipe by: Regina
Servings: 2 waffle paninis
- About 4 oz of roasted chicken breast, shredded
- Half of the red bell pepper, julienned
- One shallot, julienned
- Half of the poblano pepper, julienned
- One corn, kernel
- A handful of cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tsp of sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp of Brazilian Pink Pepper - Aroeira (Buy it on Amazon)
- ½ tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Sauté bell pepper, poblano, and shallot in olive oil on medium heat, about 3 minutes. Stir in the shredded chicken, corn, smoked paprika, and oregano. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sriracha sauce and honey. Add in the chicken vegetable mix and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Remember: always use sustainably sourced honey!
It helps communities and the environment.
Leave a comment