YUMMY =) Who doesn't love cookies?! These are perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee on a chilly morning. The lime and pistachios pair so nicely with the honey. Regina used our Angico honey for this recipe. We hope you enjoy these zesty treats!
- 1 stick + 4 ½ tbsp of unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup of ground pistachios
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ jar of Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Zest of 3 limes
- In a bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter with Angico Honey and lime zest until pale. Add in the egg yolks and beat for another 2 minutes or until combined. Stir in the pistachio and all-purpose flour mix briefly until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a rectangle. Wrap tightly, and refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚f. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove the dough from the fridge and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Divide the dough in two and roll out to approx 1/4" thick. Cut out circles and arrange on the baking sheets — re-roll scraps to cut out additional cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until set and the edges are beginning to go golden.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.