Honey Lime Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
YUMMY =) Who doesn't love cookies?! These are perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee on a chilly morning. The lime and pistachios pair so nicely with the honey. We used our Angico honey for this recipe. We hope you enjoy these zesty treats!
- 1 stick + 4 ½ tbsp of unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup of ground pistachios
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ jar of Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Zest of 3 limes
- In a bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter with Angico Honey and lime zest until pale. Add in the egg yolks and beat for another 2 minutes or until combined. Stir in the pistachio and all-purpose flour mix briefly until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a rectangle. Wrap tightly, and refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚f. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove the dough from the fridge and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Divide the dough in two and roll out to approx 1/4" thick. Cut out circles and arrange on the baking sheets — re-roll scraps to cut out additional cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until set and the edges are beginning to go golden.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.
Remember: always use sustainably sourced honey!
It helps communities and the environment.
Join our newsletter and be part of our Honey Club to stay on top of new releases, amazing news, and an occasional promotion!
Leave a comment