Madeline cookies are yummy and esthetically pleasing. They are great to serve on a snacking tray with fresh fruits and whipped cream. In the summertime, we like to enjoy them with berries such as strawberries. We developed this recipe which is refined sugar-free, and only uses honey! Angico honey is the star of this recipe.
Servings: 12 cookies
Cooking time: 40 minutes, chill time: 3 hours
- ¾ cup of flour
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 jar of Brazilian Acacia - Angico (Buy it on Amazon)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice + zest from half of a lemon
- In a bowl of a stand mixer beat the eggs with honey for 5-6 minutes, until it’s fluffy and pale. Add in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl stir flour and baking powder. Gently fold in the egg mixture with melted butter, lemon juice, and zest.
- Mix with the spatula until fully incorporated, cover the top with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 400F. Grease the madeleine pan with butter and flour. Scoop the batter into the pan, almost full and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges and the top are slightly brown and it’s fully cooked inside. Cool them down for 10 minutes in the tray, then remove and let cool completely.