There's this restaurant in Munich which makes all of their pasta from scratch and the ravioli is AMAZING. They always serve them with a honey sage butter sauce, which is seriously delicious! These raviolis are filled with squash and goat cheese which happen to be a match made in heaven and also pair beautifully with honey =) Regina created this recipe from scratch but to save yourself a little time, you could also buy ravioli wrappers and just make the filling and sauce from scratch. :-)) Aroeira is the honey featured in this recipe, because it pairs nicely.
Servings: about 35 ravioli
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for the pasta dough:
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semolina flour
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup of water
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the ravioli filling:
- Any squash you like, I used acorn squash, 1 piece
- 4 oz of goat cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, diced (your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Honey brown butter sauce for two portions (approx 10 ravioli):
- On a stand mixer combine all the ingredients for the pasta dough and using hook attachment make a dough, about 4 minutes, until it’s silky and smooth. Add more flour if needed. Cover pasta dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Cut the acorn squash in halves, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with some olive oil and roast it for 40 minutes or until softened. Cool it down completely and puree roasted squash in a blender or food processor. Combine with goat cheese, herbs, salt and pepper if needed.
- Using the pasta machine roll the pasta sheets, dusting the surface with some semolina flour all the time, so the pasta won’t stick to the surface. Put the filling from one side lengthwise, lightly brush the sides with water and cover it with the side of the pasta sheet. Pinch the sides and cut the ravioli with the pasta knife.
- Bring to a boil salted water in a large pot and cook the ravioli for 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the butter on low heat and leave for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned, stir with a honey and sage leaves. Serve ravioli with honey butter sauce.